Saturday, March 1, 2008

10K: Mission Accomplished!

We did it! Lisa and I ran in the Houston Rodeo Run 10K this morning! 6.2 miles- whew! And it was the most humid-hottest weather I have ever run in. The race didn't start until 9:45am, so it was already pretty warm by then. And there were hills!! Seriously, why plan a course that makes you run up an overpass...twice? I had to walk at some points because I was afraid my face was going to explode...my final time was 1hr 10min 4sec. So I didn't make my goal of 1hr 6 min, but I finished. I came in 203 place in my age group (no idea how many there were) and 2659/8000 runners. So it really was a decent time. I can't wait to run another one! That's a good sign, isn't it? :)

I did learn a lot about where to focus on my training (hills, heat) so good thing the weather will be getting warmer...now to find some hills....



6.2 miles later...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats Melissa, we always knew you could do it. We are very proud of you,
love, mom & dad

Unknown said...

congrats Melissa, we always knew you could do it. We are very proud of you,
love, mom & dad

Adrienne Renea said...

YAY!!!!!!
Allyson said it was very hot out there! She had her eye out for you, but with 8000 people....
It's kinda far from you, but Allen Parkway has some great hills.

Todd said...

Congrats! If you don't watch out, you'll be signing up for a full marathon...

Lisa said...

WE ROCK! :) Thanks for being such a great running buddy!!