Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Visiting my cuz....

After New Attitude, I got to hang out with my cousin, Travis, in Lexington. Growing up, me, him, and our cousin Lisa (all 4 months apart) played a lot together. I hadn't seen him for 8 years! He showed me around Lexington and I got to see some of the famous horse farms where horses are bought and sold for millions of dollars. I also got to see one of the more well-known racetracks, Keeneland, where the race before the Kentucky Derby is held (the Blue Grass Stakes). I got my head filled with all sorts of horse/farm/racing knowledge, which I've found interesting since reading the book "Seabiscuit" (Excellent book). Even though it was only about 16 hours we got to spend together, I had a lot of fun!


Bench

The grandstands at Keeneland


Each of these jockeys (silks representing the owner's colors) is holding the name of a horse that has won at this track recently.


Me and Travis (I was very tired, hence the bleery eyes!)

No comments: