2)“Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it would be removed” – I’ve pleaded, begged, I’ve said “enough! Don’t I deserve such-and-such!?” He always answers, but not in the way I think He will and honestly, not always in the way I think He should. His ways are not my ways and I do not have His mind (Rom 11:33, Isaiah 55:8). Oh but to have His mind! To put my own thoughts and desires and wants aside and want what He wants more than what I want! And to see that His way is indeed better.
- Am I thinking more of God in this trial than I am of myself?
- How is God using this trial to grow me in my relationship and knowledge of Him?
- What can I be thankful for during this trial?
- When was the last time I shared with someone what God is doing in my life through this trial?
- Where is my hope? Is it in this trial finally ending or in that God is working EVEN in this trial?