Monday, April 23, 2007

Holy Bikini Batman!

Can you believe it!? Not only do I now own a very pretty new laptop (Dell Inspiron E1505...with all the bells and whistles as a friend put it so eloquently), but yes, folks, mark your calendars...I have started a blog! Can I tell you how excited I am!? (I'm excited).

Road Trip!

This past weekend I traveled 955 miles to Kearney, Nebraska to see my cousin Sean get married. 14 hours in a car! By myself! Actually, the ride up wasn't bad at all, thanks to lots of music (people probably thought I was psycho, dancing in my car, but when you got Barlow Girls and the soundtrack from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, you just gotta dance). Don't worry, I also listened to ZZ Top, Led Zeppelin, Casting Crowns, Todd Agnew...and listen to a book on CD that my friends Josh and Lisa loaned me. T0 be honest, I think it was the excitement of getting to see family I haven't seen in 6 years and meet some family for the first time (like my Grandpa's brothers and sisters) that kept me wide-eyed and bushy tailed. I had such a wonderful time! I hope to return in September 2008 for our family reunion (never been to one of those). I've also informed my Dad that I am dragging him along, after all, it's his family. I've got a bonanza of pictures to show you. Enjoy! (And Kansas is very very flat...it's almost concave!)



Here's Uncle Scott taking a look at the VERY high water level in his new lake. He and Laurie just bought 3 acres. It rained a ton the night before (I slept through it all!). Technically he owns half the lake. I asked him, straight-faced, if he was going to put a fence up in the middle. I received a dirty look for my efforts :).



Scott and Laurie's house. Super cute, great interior (with a basement). Homey, homey, homey.



Here's the patio on the side of the house (Aaron's the dude standing...giving me a look...must run in the family). This was taken on Sunday after a BBQ (which I invited all of my great aunts and uncles too, and then called my aunt to make sure it was okay...she is so gracious!)





Here's the reason for going to Nebraska: Sean and Heather...aren't they cute!?


Rehearsing...


The rehearshal dinner was at this great bakery/coffee shop/sandwich plate. Sean and I both mistakenly took a lot of the mustard...which cleared your sinuses out really well. That's Aaron in the foreground.


Congratulations!


Grandpa and Grandma Wallace and me...we had to be there 3 hours before the wedding for pictures. Made for some good photo oppotunities for those not in the wedding.





















It was a fun wedding. I've got a bagillion more pictures, but I think you all get the jist.


Jack, Grandpa, Jim, Chuck, Ruth , and Norma


I asked Grandpa when the last time was that he had a birthday with his siblings. He said when he was 11years old. Imagine that, 64 years later celebrating with them again. Happy Birthday!
So all in all, a fantastic trip. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to have this super fun family, even though I don't get to see them very much (or ever!). What an awesome gift!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so honored to be THE FIRST to comment on your blog! You are a doll. Looking forward to reading about more Melissa adventures! :)

Mike said...

Great start! Looks like a fun trip. I'll be adding your link!

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

Good to see you on the blog!

Joshua said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of home computing and blogging! I agree with Mike, great start and you followed 1 of the 2 golden rules of blogging:

1) "When blogging adding photographs will greatly enhance the experience of the reader"
And now rule #2
2) "Post often"

B said...

AMG! you succumbeded to the dark side.

Alice said...

Great pictures of the wedding! Glad you were able to go and share with us. You're my first experience with blogging..I'm looking forward to more!