Friday, June 15, 2007

Russian Computers

So, if you aren't on my Space Geek Central distribution list, you may not know that we are having some very serious problems on board the space station. All of the Russian computers have failed and the system that my group takes care of (Attitude Determination and Control) is very dependent on these computers. There is really too much to tell, so reference this article, it has a really good summary...and leave a comment if you want to be added to my distro list.

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts117/070614computers/index6.html

I am now going to go read something non-space related so that my brain can rest and I won't dream of work for the third day in a row.

1 comment:

Adrienne Renea said...

You know, I heard something wasn't going right...I'm afraid I didn't see what it was. I'll go read this story now....
How have you been? Seems like awhile since I've seen you, despite it only being about 2 weeks.
love ya!