Sunday, January 13, 2008

Houston EP5K!

I'll have more on my race results in a couple of days(stats, etc-for some reason I can't find the same stuff Lisa did), but I have seen two different times for my Chevron Houston Marathon EP 5K: 32:50 and 33:30...either way, I definitely met my goal of running an 11 minute mile, my pace was 10:46! I am soo excited!

To put that time into perspective, the first time I ran 3 miles (back in October), my time was about 43 minutes, about a 14 minute mile. I improved my 5K distance by 3 minutes per mile! And I am feeling great (no sore joints or other crazy stuff). I have deemed Lisa my official running buddy and our next challenge is the Seabrook Half Marathon Relay in March (one person runs 6.4 miles, the other 6.7 miles- total of 13.1 miles).

The experience today of all of those runners: Olympians, world record holders/breakers, people who wanted to challenge themselves...it was just amazing. I really want to run the Half Marathon in January...wow, that's a scary statement! Below are some pictures of today (thanks for running with your camera Lisa)!




Ready to run!



At the starting line. It was sooooo cold!



Just think warm thoughts...



3.1 miles later!



We got finisher medals! That is my first athletic-type award EVER!

5 comments:

Todd said...

Congrats Melissa!

Adrienne Renea said...

YaY Melissa!

Luz said...

woo hoo! that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, girls! I am so proud of you!

Unknown said...

Always knew you could do it. We are really proud of you. Dad says congrats you scruffy looking nurfrudder, love you MOM and DAD