Monday, October 19, 2009

Mis padres

My parental units came to visit me last week. We had a blast! As I mentioned before, I woke them up at 5am (3am their time...after they came in on a 10pm flight the night before- bad daughter! :) ), dragged them to my race (the first athletic event they have EVER watched me participate in since I was very much the anti-sport child). Then we went to church and had the Smythes and Millers over for hospitality afterwards. Monday started out with a much needed stop at Antigua coffee shop for my dad and I and then we headed to Austin. Strolled South Congress, visited the capital building, and thanks to Lindsey's fantabulous recommendation, ate dinner at The Salt Lick, where I had the privilege of encountering the BEST RIBS EVER. Remember, I live in Texas now...many places have very very good ribs. These are hands down the best I have ever eaten. I, of course, forgot to take my camera everywhere. We finished up their trip hanging out in the Montrose area and then visting MFAH (the fine art museum). The Moon exhibit is pretty cool, by the way,- geeky me was drooling over the original Galileo book 'Sidereus Nuncius' (Sidereal Messenger). I read about him writing it in 'Galileo's Daughter', by Dava Sobel (great read, slow, but extremely interesting). Here are some of the pictures my mom sent me- because as I mentioned, I am a slacker and I didn't take any.



My dad and I (there was a really neat statue behind us...good job Mom ;-) )



Mom does a wicked good Charlie's Angels pose, doesn't she?



Aww, my Mommy



Best ribs ever. E...V...E...R.

2 comments:

nujoud said...

I've seen The Salt Lick featured on TV and every time I go to Austin I swear I am going to go, but haven't yet. Seriously must try it out sometime!

shari said...

You guys look like you had a great time! So glad they got to come. Best ribs ever? Hmmm... might have to try them someday. I'm not a rib lover. :)