Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chevron curtains for the guest bedroom!

Remember the mood board I created for the guest bedroom?


Here it is to jog your memory

Well, I finally tackled the chevron curtains!

I used Merete curtains from IKEA (white canvas, $29.99 for two panels). I washed, dried, and hemmed them and then came: the chevroning.

I laid out a plastic drop cloth and then covered it with a canvas drop cloth. Turns out, I didn't really need the plastic one, because the paint did not soak through the curtain, but definitely better to be safe than sorry when painting on wood floors!


After figuring out the measurements, I marked the curtains, blue taped everything and then used a smooth foam roller to apply the paint (it's Behr's indoor flat in Jamaican Sea, it looks baby blue in the pictures but you'll see it's a tealish color when it dries)

Finished curtains!

Now, the curtains aren't perfect...I seem to get paint everywhere, so there are some smudges and also some places where I need to touch up the paint because you can see a bit of light...but in this picture, they look pretty good to me :).

1 comment:

Megan Bennett said...

Those look AMAZING!! Good job!!