Friday, July 6, 2012

Cabinet complete!!!



I needed a small cabinet in my dining room to house the teasets and teapots I've collected during my travels (and yes, I actually use these!). After much searching on craigslist, this beauty popped up and it was a great deal.




Antique cabinet - sometimes it's a hard decision to paint over such beautiful wood...but...paint can be removed - so bring on the paint!



I sanded and primer-ed it and then found this blue that just makes me smile every time I look at it. It's a really happy blue :)




I used a small round gladware container and dipped it in one of the sample jars of gray paint I have laying around and just stamped it on the back of the cabinet to add a little texture.




I added new knobs and voila! A cabinet just right for holding the teasets and teapots. Here's how it looks in the dining room. I'm really liking the addition and it's a perfect place to display the melted crayon artwork.

2 comments:

Megan Bennett said...

I love seeing all your masterpieces come to life!

Peter said...

Oh my gosh, I love that!