Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Little Love for the Breakfast Nook

I finally tackled three outstanding projects for the breakfast nook! It's been awhile since a project post but trust me, there are several coming…apparently I like to work on 20.27 different projects at once (yeah…).

1) The first is boring: I never sealed the white paint when I refinished the table. Many cups of coffee and meals later, the table was looking like it had hosted many cups of coffee and meals. Thus,  I repainted the top and added three coats of polyurethane to make it food proof. So far so good! I didn't take pictures. It's a white table. Use your imagination :).

2) Artwork! This was fun! I used a rubber leaf stamp I already had, watercolors I already had, and photo frames I already had. All I had to buy were hooks and a can of bronze metallic spray paint and Voila! Artwork for the breakfast nook!

After stamping and painting

After framing and hanging

3) Hanging terrariums! I bought the terrariums from CB2 and since Home Depot was no longer carrying miniature succulents, I used some Hobby Lobby coupons and bought the fakes ones. With some moss and rocks, you really can't tell they are fake unless you are really close or you poke the plants (and really, who's going to do that?).






Hanging terrariums!

This spot is so nice to sit in late in the afternoon with some sunlight filtering through the blinds.

3 comments:

Abby said...

I totally poke plants to see if they are real or not. Consider yourself warned. ��

Anonymous said...

Yeah.... so Abby is going to poke your hanging terrarium plants, and when I come over a few might be missing.... :P SUPER super cute! Like the leaf artwork as well. *High five for creative awesomeness*

Jaime said...

I poke every succulent I come across. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. With emphasis!! Like Abby, consider this your warning :D