Saturday, July 19, 2008

Huntsville, AL

So this past week I traveled to Hunstville, AL and to the Marshall Space Flight Center for Backup Control Center (BCC) testing. This is where we go if we ever have to evacuate due to a hurricane and JSC is damaged. Anyway, this is also the place where the NASA Great Moon Buggy Race is held every year- something that I participated in as a driver/racer for two years, and a co-team lead for one year. Some of my best college memories, and memories in general are centered around this race and the awesome friends I made while doing it. I took one of my co-workers and friends, Josh, on a wild-goose chase through the woods outside the space center to show him the random rockets, capsules, and separation rings, that dot the woods- probably leftovers from testing. It seems they have cleared out a lot of the debris, so Josh couldn't see the camo-capsule we all posed by oh...6 or 7 years ago, but I have PROOF that there used to be more stuff out there:






2 comments:

Joshua said...

Wow, that's crazy. It's really grown up back there!

nujoud said...

Good thing you did your BCC practice, if Dolly swings north, it won't be practice anymore! ;)