Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tea Party Extravaganza!!!



So, as most of you know- I co-lead a girls discipleship group at my church. We have 20 girls ages 13-20 in our group and to wrap our True Beauty/Modesty discussions...and kind of the year... we held a Mother/Daughter Tea Party on Saturday. It was a lot of fun- we had the owners of Bellisima! come in and do a fashion show and give a talk on dressing modestly and what beauty really is (their clothes are great by the way) and we had some activities for the girls and their moms, and of course lots of goodies. At the end, we honored our four older girls who help us by leading individual prayer groups of girls. I got all cry-y and choked up and couldn't figure out why...later I realized it was because we started the group with these four girls four years ago- and it is amazing to see how much they have grown spiritually and into such Godly young women...I was overcome with God's grace and mercy in their lives and for the privilege I have of getting to interact with such fun and inspiring gals. I truly love these girls dearly and I can't wait to see what God is going to do with our group this coming year!















And finally, someone took a picture of the roommates (folks at church call us the Chicklets :) )



Claire, me, and Pam

1 comment:

Declaring His Glory said...

Y'all are so cute! Glad to have found your blog :)