Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Seriously?

Every wondered how you can sprain your ankle yourself (as in you are the one that causes the sprain?). Apparently, you've come to the right person. Okay, okay, I don't know if it's sprained. It just hurts (although I think it would hurt more if it was a real sprain, but calling it one makes it seem more dramatic and less I Love Lucy). Like...hurts when a run on it. UGGGGGGHHHHHHH (how's that for an exasperated groan of frustration? I can do better, but you are probably wanting to hear how I was the cause of my current...(not going to say the "i" word)...ouchiness.)

So last week, I woke up in the middle of the night and both my ankles were aching. Now, this isn't a completely random thing (with my disease, you discover all sorts of fun and interesting aches and pains at very inopportune times, like when you are sleeping). But this was a different ache, kinda like when your knee or elbow needs to "pop". So I rotated both of the ankles, and the left one popped, but the right one didn't, it just ached more...so I reached down to "help" in the rotation. And the aching kinda stopped. I fell back asleep only to be woken up again a few hours later with some MAJOR hurtage going on in that ankle...I pretended its was dream and went back to sleep.

A day later (and minimal painage), I went on a short long run (7 miles). It felt fine, except for the last two miles, I started noticing it. I went out and bought a wrap...it's been feeling better (yay). I went on a 3 mile run today...it was supposed to be 4.1 miles...guess that tells you how it feels. UGGGGGGHHHHH. So it has been iced and wrapped and I am wearing tennis shoes around the house to give it more support (rather than going in flipflops or barefoot). Can I just tell you how FRUSTRATING "not-the-i-word"s are? Definitely keeps this gal humble, that's for sure. Pray for this non-i-word to be short lived...

1 comment:

Allyson Janell said...

I will be praying for ya, Melissa!