Saturday, February 20, 2010

Birthday Fun

What a great day- and a great start to capping off the roaring twenties! Ah yes, my last year of being in my twenties- weird.

The day, before my friend Lisa took me out to lunch (and gave me some rockin' orange nail polish, which now graces my toes :) )

Today, my day began with opening up cards and thoughtful gifts from friends and family and then was so suprised by a delivery of 2 dozen multi-colored roses from the McDonalds- I've never had flowers delivered to me before, it was such a treat!

Then Claire, Lynn, and I went to Glazed Over to paint pottery- I made a plate, as did Lynn, and Claire is working on a mug. It was such fun and SO incredibly relaxing to just sit and be creative for hours. A great mental break from two weeks of hardcore technical type work.


Lynn, me, and Claire with our almost finished products (they will get fired this week and then we go pick them up)


Me and my plate

We hosted a get together in the evening for the singles from our church and another church that we are fast becoming good friends with. Lots of laughter (my stomach hurts from laughing so much!).

It was a great birthday- I'm so thankful for my sweet family and friends who made the day so special!

No comments: