Thursday, December 23, 2010

Going Gluten Free

Yup, I am. Starting on Jan 1st, I am going to go gluten-free for 3 months.

Why? I've been doing a lot of research and talking with a doctor or two and studies are showing that inflammation and gluten are related. Autoimmune diseases come with lots of inflammation- a friend of mine, and a doctor, has RA and eats gluten free and has had positive results- less pain, fewer flares, etc. I don't have RA, but my disease is in the same family, so I figured, hey it doesn't hurt to try it! And if it helps, WAHOO!!!! From what I've read, you need to be gluten-free for about 3 months to see any affects, and if it works, well just call me Gluten-Free For Life Girl. :)

So I am researching away right now, finding recipes, making meal plans... If you have any good blogs, cookbooks, websites that you recommend for gluten-free please let me know. Since I don't eat a lot of meat (and NO beef), gluten-free vegetarian recipes would be even better!

I plan to do a gluten-free status post once a week to let you all know how it is going.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Check out Robbwolf.com and http://everydaypaleo.com/

Good luck on the gluten-free. We've been doing it for awhile now and it's really not bad once you get used to cooking that way.

Andrea said...

hey girl - i know quite a few people who have gone gf with wonderful success (not just with a new cooking style, but with their health)! i will be praying this is a natural solution to your challenges! :)

if you are interested in some of my friends who cook gf, i would be happy to pass along your email address to them. :)

i've also encountered a few restaurants that offer gf options too!

nujoud said...

My mom is gluten-free and since my sister is an ND, she knows way more and I can get you more info. But to start the other doc in her clinic is also gluten free and his wife runs a blog on it.

Taylorstable.blogspot.com