Sunday, February 6, 2011

Painting!

I've started painting my bedroom. I'm really loving how it is turning out. Three walls are being painted a dark gray, Behr's Creek Bend. The remaining wall is going to be getting some awesome vertical stripes (Behr's Moonshine and Silver Drop) and wainscoting (to be painted a truly brilliant blue color). What's interesting about the dark gray is that right now...it looks slightly purple, but in daylight, it's definitely gray. Might need to switch out the lightbulbs I am using...

I've got two walls painted the dark gray (I'm waiting on the 3rd because I need to have some drywall work done...no use in painting it twice...) and I tested out the stripe technique in the mini-entry way into my bedroom. I plan to use bigger stripes on the actual bedroom wall (what you see is 6" and 4.25" stripes, with a wider white strip to encompass the light switch). I plan to do 8" stripes on the main wall.


I'm becoming a master taper, that's for sure! Here are some sneak-peek pictures...I'm thinking this might take me another week or two to finish up though...so don't hold your breath :)



Taping for the white stripes



Voila!




I didn't show the gray stripe taping, but you get the point. Here's the final product...yeah gotta touch up the darker gray wall...got paint on my fingers and then fell into the wall :)...also need to touch up the corner...that will come at the very end.
(Disclaimer: yes, the calendar you see is a Year of Mustangs...as in the car, and no, I do not like the year for February. ::shudder::)

1 comment:

Erin said...

looks great melissa! had you considered painting the walls all one color first, and then just taping once for the other colored stripe? that's how we did our bathroom, and it's way less taping!