Monday, March 7, 2011

Food bits

Food bit #1

Mashed cauliflower yumminess.

I steamed a medium head of cauliflower (using my rice steamer and the veggie tray that came with it)- made about two cups of cauliflower (roughly, I forgot to measure). I threw that in the blender with a 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (a tip from either Runners World or Triathlete magazine), about 1.5 tsp of butter (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter...), some sea salt, a healthy dose of coarse black pepper, and some freshly chopped chives, blended and voila! Creamy yumminess with a bit of tang from the yogurt...very similar to mashed potatoes. Add a side of roasted brussel sprouts and that was my dinner for tonight. My tummy is happy. :) (and only 30 minutes from start to eat!)




Food bit #2

Several of my sweet friends blessed me with these for my birthday! My goal this week is to pick out a recipe from each to try next week...





Food bit #3:

Whole grain quota solved! This cereal provides your entire day's worth (FDA recommends 3) of whole grains...in ONE seving. 3/4 cup. It's decently tasty...definitely "whole grainy". I've paired it with 1/2 cup skim milk and sliced banana. This morning, I zapped the milk and cereal, and then added the banana for a warmer breakfast. Tasty!


No comments: