Friday, May 27, 2011

Tsaritsyno (Царицыно) Palace

After work today, I went with two of my coworkers to Tsaritsyno Palace. This was my first time there, so it was fun to see something new! The gardens were beautiful...it is tulip season here... we walked around for a good hour and a half I think, snapping pictures, gasping in pain (awe, wonder) as Muscovite women navigated the garden paths in 5-inch stiletto heels, watching brides have their pictures taken...


This is what you see when you first walk in the gates...up on the hill, hidden behind the trees is the palace, which was built for Catherine the Great


Pink tulips!


Yellow and dark maroon tulips


See the palace towers peeking over those trees?


Tsaritsyno Palace


Bread Gate


These guys were the architects...giving them a high five for a job well done


Church of St. Nicholas


I call this "the wedding cake building with lots of white stuff on it". Technical architectural verbiage Melissa-style.


Big bridge

There were a ton of paths through this park and I saw two gals running through it...I would LOVE to grab my running shoes and have a nice run through this park...but not sure if that will happen on this trip...that whole work thing gets in the way sometimes ;-).

No comments: