Saturday, June 4, 2011

Color branching...

Color branching as in branching out with the colors I have going on in my living room. I love the green/orange/white theme, but it's getting a bit matchy for me...so I bought this Soviet space propaganda poster in Moscow to start branching out with colors:


See it in the corner there?


Roughly translated, it reads "Courage, work, Soviet-people thinking, Glory!" And has Yuri Gagarin (first human in space) on it and the date of his history-making flight

I'm thinking of adding some pillows to the couch to tie in some of the blues and yellows in the poster (you can see it already has the green and orange). Nothing too big or bold, otherwise it will look like you just walked into a box of crayons, but just enough to break up the matchy-matchy scheme I have going on...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I saw these in the CB2 catalog and I can totally see them tying in the aqua colors...

http://www.cb2.com/pillows-throws/accessories/dodo-bird-20%22-pillow/f6380

http://www.cb2.com/pillows-throws/accessories/albero-18%22x12%22-pillow/f6391

P.S. Love the new colors!

Melissa said...

Erin - LOL! I was totally thinking of CB2 pillows as well. These are great ideas! Thanks!