Sunday, September 11, 2011

San Francisco Part 1 - Sonoma and Golden Gate Park

A year ago, my best friend and her hubby visited me and we decided that we should take a trip to San Francisco...a year later, with their 9 month old cutie, Aiden, her Mom, aunt, and sister, we ACTUALLY took the trip (seriously, how many times have you told someone "oh we should really do this/that and nothing comes of it? So thankful this worked out).

It was a great, albeit short, trip. I am too lazy to create an album, so enjoy scrolling :)


It was an orange streetcar...of COURSE I took a picture.


Inside the Ferry Building


Pics of the Farmer's Market inside the Ferry Building ( I love how funky Heritage tomatoes look)


This sign just made me laugh. Way to just tell it like it is :)


Part of the Bay Bridge as we waited for our Wine Country Tour shuttle


We drove over the Golden Gate Bridge and stopped for a brief (very brief) photo op...only day the fog cleared to see the top of the bridge.


First official wine-tasting experience in Sonoma


Grapes...er..vineyards...


Aiden was a trooper the entire trip, I was amazed by how well he handled all the time in his carseat/stroller


Although, sometimes, you just gotta play in the grass!


Oldest vineyard in Sonoma


Hello foggy San Franciscan hills


Palace of Fine Arts - leftover from the 1915 Exposition (kinda like a World's Fair...after reading about the Chicago World's Fair, I've become a bit nerdy regarding Fairs of these type...I love how intricate the buildings are - amazing that this was built for a FAIR. )


Bundled up to enjoy the Children's Park at Golden Gate Park.


I HAD to take a picture of this. I am a huge fan of Doctor Who and fortunately, so is Tima's husband, Mark, so he joined in my enthusiasm for finding this "police box" in the park. Tima patiently waited while Mark and I took several shots of this. Yes, we are true fans :)

No comments: