Sunday, January 8, 2012

My new running style

Remember how I said I was going to re-train myself to not subconsciously shorten my stride when I run so my IT band would behave (if not, read here)? (by the way, may I add that it's very difficult to unlearn something you learned subconsciously?...)


I'm pretty sure this is what I look like when I try to lengthen my stride (it's only a 7 second clip and you will still get my point with mute on)


I feel all off balance and floppy and, well...Phoebe-ish.

Good news though, I just got back from a 2.3 mile run, and I just ran and told myself to run natural and the IT band behaved pretty well. A little sore now, but before Christmas, I could only make it about 0.8 miles. That's improvement!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

bahaha! that episode is pretty funny. I don't even want to know what I look like when I run. I think I'll just stick with the nice made-up image in my head. although I'm sure this is really what's going on: http://tinyurl.com/howireallylookrunning :)