Saturday, May 5, 2007

Crawfish Alive!!!!

Well, actually they were alive before I got there. Thank goodness they were already boiled when I arrived otherwise, I would have had some issues. I was already a little squeamish...at first. I eventually managed to twist the body of a boiled crawfish in half and then pull the meat out of the back half of the body with my teeth. How's that for a nasty visual? Tasty, but it works better if you don't look at the crawfish throughout the process. I'm afraid it will blink at me, or wave it's claws.
My friends Paul and Christina hosted this in their backyard...in celebration of birthdays (Christina and Kristin's 25th, and Ed's) and Kristin's graduation with her Masters in Civil Engineering. Celebrate'n Texas style (well, with some Lousiana influence :) ).



Mmm...crawfish...


69 pounds of crawfish...this is the first half


Ahhh, don't eat me!


Get in my belly! Oh wait, you don't eat it like this?



Kristin and Debbie, shelling the leftovers for etouffee.



Singing happy birthday to the birthday people

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down. Kristin, Ed, Paul, and Christina.

1 comment:

Adrienne Renea said...

Melissa!!!
Those crawfish look fabulous...I could totally use some, I am now officially sick of chocolate(just for today)
I like all the picture....:c)

See ya tomorrow!
-Adie