Thursday, May 17, 2007

Just another day in paradise...

Aloha! I am back from my Hawaiian vacation extravaganza. TimaSue, Katrina, and I had so much fun together. I went through 1500 photos and picked out 40...but then realized that was still probably too many for a blog, so I will only post a few and then create an album this weekend, so consider this just a taste of the beauty of Oahu.


TimaSue, me, and Katrina outside of the luau (I ate poi and kaluha pig!) at the Polynesian Cultural CenterWe woke up at 4:30am to drive to Diamondhead Crater in attempt to hike up it to watch the sunrise. Well, we got to the entrance and it didn't open until 6am and sunrise was at 5:54 am. So we hiked it after the sunrise, but the view was still incredible. That's Honolulu and Waikiki Beach at the top.




We went to Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial. I don't think that requires any more description. This is Hanauma Bay. Yes, we went snorkeling in it and we did take underwater photos. They aren't developed yet.



We hiked Manoa Falls. This is one case where even Katrina's ubericiously cool camera (Canon SD800 IS) couldn't capture the awesomeness of this place. Only He could create such intricate beauty.



Once again up at 4:30am to drive up the east side of the island to capture a sunrise over water on our last day.

And we ended our last day with a spectacular sunset. That's Waikiki Beach and Waikiki Marina, respectively.
Remember folks, I have a lot more where this came from, including me climbing a palm tree, the mountains where Jurassic Park was filmed, a Whalfin (half false Orca, half bottlenose dolphin...scientists are mind-boggled), jellyfish, etc. I'll post a link this weekend. Mahalo and Enjoy!









5 comments:

Todd said...

so...not...fair! It's 3am and i'm looking at your awesome pictures of Hawaii...wishing i could be there! You just don't do that to a person working console! hehe ;) Welcome back!

Joshua said...

Wow, that's an awesome looking adventure! I'm looking forward to the rest of the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, those pictures are incredibley beautiful! I can't wait to hear all about it! Don't forget about Sunday! ;)

providentialblessings said...

That looks absolutely gorgeous Melissa! I am so glad you got the opportunity to go to Hawaii! i'm looking forward to your photo album :-)

~Sussy

Lisa said...

I wanna go, I wanna go!!!

Great pics, can't wait to see more!!