Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread...uh...woman...

I did it!!!! I ran for 30 minutes without stopping!! I know, I know, you crazy cross-country people (Bobby, Jana, Kiana...) are shaking your heads laughing, but seriously, that is a big deal for this athletically challenged female. Give me a flute and stack of sheet music any day! (In case you were wondering, I gave up sports when I made a basket for the opposing team during a PE basketball game when I was in second grade...YES, I still remember it and the accompanying humiliation, because I was SO excited I had made a basket...talk about bitter irony...hence why I stick to being a soccer spectator)

Oh so on my run today, I saw two potbellied pigs (yeah Lisa, I think they are domesticated, they were grazing in the same area as last time), numerous rabbits, and a little striped snake (I googled it later...a Gulf Coast Ribbon Snake)...who was a bit too close for comfort, but at least he wasn't poisonous...(no, I didn't take the picture)

One of my friends sent me a link to this guy's blog. He took a three month flying trip in a Super Cub around Alaska. The pictures are AMAZING. Check out his blog.

2 comments:

Adrienne Renea said...

Go Melissa!!
Watch out, Mr. Shy recruits all ages for his cross country team!!!
:c)

B said...

that alaska site is awsome. i got my license in a supercub, they are extremely fun planes.

oh, and hi.