Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Farm

Today Lynn and I met Chad (Lynn's husband) at this restaurant called "The Farm". It's a real working farm that serves the produce it grows, all organic. Super yummy sandwiches and soup. Afterwards, Lynn and I walked around in the vegetable gardens, trying to guess what everything was and bugging the poor workers with questions like "so is there a system to how you rotate the vegetable beds?" and "what are those wire frames for that are over the beds?"

You eat at picnic tables on The Farm

Lynn and Chad

Your food comes in "picnic baskets"

Picking carrots



Then, Lynn took me to her gym. She teaches gymnastics to the "itty bitties" (3 and 4 year olds). Of course, they decided that I needed to be initated and thrown (literally!) into The Pit. And then I had to demonstrate my Tarzan skills as well :) Lots of fun!

Chilling in The Pit (well...that and I can't get out! It's hard!)

3 comments:

Adrienne Renea said...

I did gymnastics when I was little and "the pit" was the best part, we called it the "dry swimming pool" :c)

Heather said...

great skills :)

MarcB said...

that farm place sounds cool.
And i'd love to go play in some of those foam filled pits. - no fear of hitting the ground hard that way!