Sunday, December 23, 2007

Two thoughts on movies

Thought One:

Have you seen "I am Legend"? If you haven't...don't. It is the scariest movie ever...I watched most of it with my jacket over my face or watched my friend Lynn's reaction while Chad laughed at us. Example

Lynn: "What was that?" (during the horrendously suspenseful scene when he follows the dog into the dark building- seriously, how many people shouted "don't go in there!")
Melissa: I don't know- I'm not actually watching the movie, maybe its the zombies.
Lynn: There are zombies in this movie?
Melissa: yep
Lynn: What was Parma thinking recommending this movie!? (our friend Brian said it was good and convinced Chad to take us along...). I wish I could capture Lynn's tone of voice...but Brian was pretty lucky he wasn't sitting next to her right then

I knew I was going to have nightmares about it (just like I did with Sixth Sense) and sure enough, I had my first nightmare last night...stupid zombies...stupid stupid zombies and dark places...

Thought Two:

I finally saw "A Christmas Story". My Mom watched it umpteen times last Christmas when she was with my sister (who had just had John Michael) and was staying up late finishing up his stocking. She bought it this year (good memories) and we just finished watching it...I think my favorite part is the Chinese restaurant scene. So funny!

6 comments:

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

I messed up my link in my first comment! Anyway, sorry to hear about the nightmares! Also, I found it interesting that I Am Legend is a remake of a remake. First was The Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price, then came The Omega Man with Charlton Heston

Adrienne Renea said...

I'm sorry it was scary, but I LOVE scary suspense. I have to see it!
Chris wants to see the Christmas Story, but we've been putting it off, us not being interested in seeing it. Maybe I'll give in... :c)

Lynn and Chad said...

A Christmas Story is sooo good! I love the part where the mom says, "show my how the piggies eat!" That part is hilarious!

B said...

Did I recommend it? I don't recall, I thought I said it was a sad movie. Anyway, I told you that you all need to see Equilibrium. Not a scary movie, but definitely a great one.

Colette Frazier said...

I hated it too! We got to pick one movie to watch while in the U.S. and we (um, Brian) had to blindly choose that one!!! I walked out of it to sit in the lobby. Little did I know there was only 5 minutes left of the movie:D