Monday, May 31, 2010

House doings

I've been doing a LOT of painting...and shopping...still no furniture...but I am making headway and having a lot of fun along the way...


The first room to be painted- the living room- in Behr's "Happy Camper". I am a HUGE fan of the paint and primer in one. These walls will soon have crown molding as well (no, I'm not doing it myself, I decided contracting it out was wiser for now...)


Love fresh flowers!



I tackled the dining room and entry way on Friday. Color-matched Behr from Valspar's "Cafe Latte".


Yes, I meant to only paint 3/4 of the wall :). I am going to run a chair rail along the orange/white border and then paint below the rail white (it's currently a cream color). Then I am going to add some wall frames. In the center of the wall frames will be some funky fabric that ties in the orange and green...


I have never bought dishes before. I had a few melamine bowls I used in the apartment and a set of glasses my aunt gave me for Christmas back in college. I picked up these glasses at World Market and the bowls from Anthropolgie...apparently, I don't like things that match- I'm on the hunt for some funky salad plates...


My new down alternative comforter (thanks Grandma G!) and wicked awesome duvet cover from West Elm that I fell in love with about 5 months ago. I love the quilts my Grandma W. has made me over the years, but I am ready for a change...

Today was a Sears run to get a screwdriver set, orbital sander (::gulp:: I bought a DeWalt...I am such a traitor but the DeWalt reviews were much better than the Craftsman equivalent), and a level- the required implements for two projects- installing the chair rail and refinishing my craigslist vintage couch. Coming soon to a blog near you.... :)

No comments: