Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I had such a busy and enjoyable weekend:

Friday- painting

Saturday- met Lisa at 630am for a 20 mile bike ride, then Pam came to my place and we met up with Lisa and Erin to drive to Morehead Blueberry Farm for some blueberry picking! I picked a little over 5lbs...it was steamy hot and I think I sweated about 5lbs away during the process ;-). After a fender bender on the way home (everyone is fine, Lisa's Expedition was only slightly damaged...compared to the accordioned-front end of the guy who slammed into us...but he's okay too...), I tackled some bushes in my front yard that were starting to resemble Krynoid bushes (name that reference fellow Whovians...). 1.5 hours and 7 trash bags and 1 trash can full later, the bushes look slightly better. Of course, I can't trim in a straight line, so there's a decided slant to the bushes right now...I'll rectify that later... I then packed for a fun-filled camping adventure the next day in Brazos Bend...

Sunday/Monday- Some friends of mine organized a overnight camping trip to Brazos Bend State Park. I had not been camping in years (uh...like 10 or 12...) and never been to Brazos Bend (it's about 1.5 hours away from where I live). So I went to their church on Sunday so that we could all caravan out afterwards (great church, awesome message). We had about 15 people, 6 tents, hot dogs, alligators, s'mores, singing around the camp fire, applied so much bug spray I am convinced we all are going to mutate from the Deet and grow arms out of our legs or foreheads, braved the lone NASTY port-a-potty, ate REALLY well (seriously- bacon, eggs, pancakes, fresh fruit and awesome coffee for breakfast), laughed a LOT, and just had a really fun time. And...I didn't get eaten by an alligator, always a plus...


It's a bird, it's a plane, it's an...


ALLIGATOR!!!!!


Erin, Abby, and me on top of the observation tower...observing the swamp and pondering the difference between a swamp and marsh...


Roasting hot dogs and making camp pies. Yum!!!

1 comment:

shari said...

I had a great time just reading about your adventures! So glad you are enjoying life to the glory of God!!!