Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mini Office

So, I have two walk-in closets in my bedroom (yeah, I know...) and I don't need both, so I decided to convert the smaller one into a mini office for me, since my spare room is a hobby/craft/guest bedroom.

What do you think?



The orange desk is from West Elm- which I got off of craigslist for a crazy awesome price. The white thing sitting on the chair (one that I painted several years ago in lieu of spending $200 at Anthropolgie for the same thing) is the light fixture that will replace the "closet bare bulb" thing I have currently- but I gotta find someone who can show me how to cut cables and rewire and suchness first.


The squares on the wall are scrapbook covered cork board- handy for pinning up important things and fun momentos.

Yeah, I know it's a bit unconventional, but I really like it so far. I need to still remove the gold metal plate at the top of the entrance and get a rug to cover the rail guard on the floor, and add a small bookcase, but other than that, it's about done. At some point, I may paint in there too...but I'll leave that until I tackle my bedroom...

4 comments:

nujoud said...

I don't do a lot of electrical work, but changing light fixtures is definitely within my sphere of knowledge. Let me know if you need someone still.

Erin said...

LOVE it!

Annalyn said...

Oh, that's so cool! I love creative ways to use space, and I love the "unconventionality" of it. The area looks so like you too! Ooh man... I can't wait til we get a house that I can fix up all nifty like that. :)

Charlie said...

Charles should be able to help you with the rewire as well, if you need help. He likes electrical stuff! Let me know if we can help - I know you're 'laid up' for a bit :-/

ps: love the house, office and LOVE THAT LIGHT!