Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spring Cleaning Status



I know you all have just been on pins and needles to see how my spring cleaning went ;-). Two and a half weeks ago, I posted a list of spring cleaning items I wanted to accomplish by the end of April. I didn't get everything done - some of the items will get done tomorrow (windows and baseboards) but considering how I have been feeling lately, I'm pretty happy with what I was able to accomplish! I know that in the grand scheme of things, being able to accomplish household tasks probably isn't all that amazing, but I am thankful that God allowed me to do them, because I want to be a good steward of what He has blessed me with.


Spring Cleaning chores for the month of April:

Inside:

Wipe down cupboards and doors
Wipe down all light switches and door knobs
Wipe baseboards
Wipe down all blinds
Dust ceiling fans
Clean out/wipe down refrigerator and freezer
Use stainless steel cleaner on outside of refrigerator
Clean inside/outside of microwave-
Clean dishwasher - thanks Claire!

Go through cupboards and toss old spices/tea/etc
Wipe down pantry shelves and sweep inside of pantry
Move DVD shelves and remove all spiderwebs

Wash all windows (inside and outside) – all the ones that are easily accessible
Wash front glass door
Pull out refrigerator and stove and clean behind them

Outside:

Clean up deck outside – throw away dead plants/pots
Trim outside bushes
Trim trees out front
Trim gardenia bush on the side of the house

Powerwash driveway
Powerwash deck

I also added cleaning and organizing my closet and my nightstand drawers (catch all for...everything) and I got both of those done as well!

The remaining items I hope to have complete in the next couple of weeks and then my Spring Cleaning will officially be complete!

No comments: