Monday, February 25, 2008

Busy Weekend

I had a busy weekend:

On Friday night, I had dinner at the Smythe's and Heather and the kiddos joined us (Eric had to work late- silly tax season).



This is Morris the Bear. Sarah and Katherine helped me build him a couple of years ago at Build-A-Bear and he always goes with me to visit them so he can play with his "friends"- a flamingo named Lilly and a dog named Amber :)


Katherine's favorite animal is the flamingo and I think she does a pretty good impression...


Katherine and Mikaela

Sorry Sarah, the pictures of you and I didn't come out...we'll try again next time!

Then on Saturday Lisa and I went for a run- 4.5 miles in 47ish minutes- a 10:20 pace! Whoohoo! Followed by standard weekend errands...

Later that evening, Adrienne and I went to see the musical, "The Scarlet Pimpernel". We had both recently read the book and LOVED it! It's a fantastic story, whose main character inspired Zorro...

The musical was done by The Masquerade Theater Company at Zilkha Hall and I was very impressed by both the acting and vocal talent. The score/lyrics are just incredible (I recommend the song "Madame Guillotine). The first act was outstanding. The second act, well, they really changed the ending from the book and I didn't really care for it. I would still recommend the musical, but definitely read the book. There is a lot of subtle intrigue that is difficult to capture on the stage. All in all, a good show.

On Sunday, the McFerran gals (Sara, Stacy, Stephanie, and Shelly) and Pam hosted a birthday picnic for me at Challenger Park. Yummy food and cake and picnic-perfect weather! I got to break in my fabulous bright ORANGE Crocs (thanks Mom and Dad!). You girls rock!

Birthday Picnic 2008

And then I finished it off by heading over to Lisa's for scrapbooking (although I worked on some invitations instead)

I think I need another weekend...

1 comment:

Heather said...

MJ--so serious :) Congrats on your run!! You've been making some major improvements in your time! Looks like ya'll had fun at the park :) Maybe I'll have to get together with Stacy to get some tips on photography!