Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thrift shopping

Today my friend Desiree and I headed down to Westheimer and Shepherd for some good girl time. She is a busy wife and mom of three and was looking forward to a small breather. So, thanks Dave (Desiree's hubby) for taking care of the kiddos, 'cause we had a blast! We had breakfast at one of my favorite places in that area, Empire Cafe, and then hit a bunch of the thrift or rather "recycled clothing" shops. I've always been a fan of Buffalo Exchange and we definitely hit the jackpot there. I found this great hand-beaded skirt there from Bali for under $20! Excitement! Isn't it pretty? We also hit up "Recycled Fashions" and "Taxi Taxi".








We had a great time. She has all these great nuggets of Christian wisdom that I am storing up for future seasons and is just a lot of fun to be around. Love ya girlie!

Then I headed to Sonya and Grady's to take pictures of their bookcases...I still haven't built mine, but I really like the design of the ones Grady has in his study, so I'm gonna copy them.



I went for a 4.55 mile run...I seriously think the humidity is hindering me...that's my excuse and I am sticking to it! I didn't get the time I wanted...definitely felt the distance though...whew! Only another mile and some change to add before race day on March 1st!

3 comments:

Adrienne Renea said...

That skirt is soo awesome!!

Lisa said...

What skirt is WAY cute!!

Congrats on the 4.5 mile run, I ran 4.5 today too, and ended up with a nice sized blister on the inside of my right arch! :(

Less than 3 weeks away...and we'll be running 6.2 miles...

Melissa said...

Lisa, we are so going shopping here! You'll love it!