Friday, November 21, 2008

And the results are...

For those of you have been on pins and needles, wanting to know what in the world is going on with my calf muscle, your wait is over. Blah.

I had an MRI done on my leg the other day and it revealed that what they thought was a torn muscle was probably just some massive spasming due to a stress fracture in my tibia, which is why my leg was still hurting so much. Yeah.

So, at least 3 more weeks until I can even think of starting to run again. And a few more PT session to help speed along the process as much as possible.

I am still hoping to do the half-marathon in January. I may not be able to run the whole thing, but I will be able to finish and that is now my goal.

3 comments:

nujoud said...

BOO Stress Fracture!! That sucks, Mel. Well, get healed up anyway and run when you can. The half is still in the cards for you at least.

Lynn and Chad said...

oh man, that's a bummer :( I hope it heals fast for you. Knowing you, a little stress fracture isn't gonna get your spirits down...way to be positive about the half marathon...you can do it!

Erin said...

wowser, that bites! i hope you can still do the half, you'd been working so hard!!