Saturday, November 1, 2008

Houston Quilt Show

Today a friend of mine from work, Moose, and I went to the Houston Quilt Show. It was a-MAZING! Here are some of some of the pictures I took. Some quilts you weren't allowed to take pictures of: like the one with a space station on it and the ones where someone recreated a Hubble nebula picture using tiny pieces of fabric- incredible!



Tumbling blocks quilt- currently one of my favorite patterns- I love the 3D aspect



What aero engineer wouldn't like this one?


This one made me and Moose giggle- I think it looks like the big bear is strangling the little bear. But of course, in all fairness, I could never do something like this...the bears are pieced from small pieces of fabric and the detail was amazing!



Um, red and orange, could there be anything better?


I really like the border on this one. It's using a technique called applique which I haven't learned to do yet.


Ovarian cancer quilt


I like the swirling lines in this one


Amazing butterflies

1 comment:

Lynn and Chad said...

those quilts are just beautiful. I really like the one with the flower applique. What a talent it is to make those!