Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe

At the request of my friend Stephanie, here is my pumpkin cheesecake recipe. My alterations follow the list of ingredients:

2 packages cream cheese
3/4 c sugar
1 can pumpkin
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4tsp salt
2 eggs

I add an extra 1/2c of sugar and I reduce the pumpkin to one cup...this gives it more of a cheesecake flavor than a pumpkin pie flavor (as I am not a fan of pumpkin pie :) )

Topping

2c sour cream (really is more like 1 1/2c)
Sugar to taste
1 tsp vanilla
cinnamon to taste

I use ready-made graham cracker crusts

Beat creamcheese and sugar. Beat in pumpkin, spices, salt. Add and beat eggs one at a time.

This makes a lot of batter, so get the extra large pie crust.

Bake at 350 for ~50 minutes. Remove and spread topping evenly (you'll probably have extra). Bake for another 5 minutes. Chill overnight.

Enjoy!

No comments: