Sunday, November 9, 2008

Go Team MUDD-E

This weekend, Nujoud, Lisa, Erin, Alicia and I traveled to Ft. Worth, TX to compete in the Ft. Worth 10K Mud Run. After the race, I headed up to Lake Ray Roberts to meet up with some friends of mine from Grace Church (in Frisco). I stayed with Lauren and Tony (thanks guys) and got to attend Grace Church this morning and see some friends I haven't seen since Fusion and/or New Attitude. Then it was a looong 5 hour car ride back (broken up by a stop at the outlet malls :) ). All in all, a very good weekend!

We left early from work on Friday- and it was a good thing too...we hit a lot of traffic and I had to stop for an ice cream break as well :). We came up with call signs for each of us- Mudhoney and Mudcakes were the call signs for each vehicle and for Nujoud and I (since we were the drivers), Erin and Lisa were Shotgun and Birddog, being in the navigator positions, and Alicia was the Puppet Master. During said traffic, she entertained Lisa and I from the backseat of Nujoud's car with hand puppet shows. Gotta love walkie-talkies :)

Obviously, with my injured leg, I wasn't going to be able to compete, so I became Team MUDD-E's official photographer and cheerleader. This race looks like SOOOO much fun. There's another race in April which we all plan to do (with me running this time). Here are some of the pics- I'll post a whole album once the girls have a chance to approve all the pictures :). Didn't Nujoud do a great job on the shirts? We got so many compliments on them and were even stopped to have our picture taken!



Team MUDD-E (Me, Erin, Lisa, Nujoud, and Alicia- whose eyes are closed in all of the team shots :) )



Braiding Erin's hair...


Hehe, the girls...I was laughing so hard I had a hard time keeping the camera still.



Waiting their turns for the Stairway to Heaven obstacle


And done...you girls rock!!!!

No comments: