Thursday, May 21, 2009

My new toy!!!!

So after at least 6 months of research and pricing and questioning and praying...I finally got a bike today!!!!

Seriously, I think I have now spent about 6 hours in bike shops asking questions and trying bikes and probably annoying the serious bike guys with my ignorant novice questions.

I was supposed to go check out a bike I had found on craigslist this evening. The components were good (Shimano 105- which is what I was looking for), the price was good, but the frame wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

A co-worker of mine is an avid cyclist and told me to go to the bike shop where he gets his bikes. So I did. I walked in and said "this is what I want and this is how much I want to pay, what do you have?" And lo and behold the owner said, "oh, I have something your size" and he pulls out this:



It's the '08 Specialized Roubaix Compact- aluminum frame, carbon fork, ALL Shimano 105 components...and he gave it to me for about half the retail value!!! And even better, if I decide that I want to upgrade to a better bike or a tri bike later, I can TRADE this one in...I don't know of any other shop that has offered that...how cool is that?

So yay for this blessing. I know, I tend to be a bit frugal, but I just want to make sure that I am being a good steward of what God has blessed me with...I am glad I waited for this one! Fast like lightning- whoosh! :D

3 comments:

Erin said...

So which bike shop did you end up going to?

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

That's a really small seat...

-M

Melissa said...

Hehe Melissa, the seat is surprisingly comfortable...for a bike seat ;-)