Sunday, May 17, 2009

Silverlake Sprint Triathlon 2009

So, have I mentioned that I love triathlons? This was only my second, but at least I know now that me loving my first experience wasn't a fluke.


Post race, in the transition area

I am REALLY happy with the results of today's tri. My publicized :) goal was to complete the 0.25mile swim, 10 mile bike, and 3 mile run in under 1hr 45 min. My secret, type-A personality, perfectionist goal was to do it in 1 hr 30 min. My actual time? 1 hr 22min!!!! The rough breakdown is 11 minutes for the swim, ~ 37ish minutes for the bike, and GET THIS: 28:28 for the 3 miles...yeah that's right, I ran a 9:41 minute mile!!! Holy moly!!!

And before I could get too high and mighty about how much I rocked, after crossing the finish line, I saw my sports medicine doc who helped treat my stress fracture and encouraged me all along that frustrating 6 months of injury recovery. I went over to her and gave her a big hug and thanked her (she's awesome, still knows me by name and everything!). So, it was a great reminder from God that He gave me the healthy leg and the health in general for me to be able to complete today's race. So, glory to Him :). I put in the training hours and He blessed that. Sweetness. And it was great to be racing with Lisa again! Next tri? June 7th. :D.



Lisa and me

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats! That truly does sound like fun.

Erin said...

Yay for you gals! Someday hopefully soon I will join you!