Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Whoosh!

That's the sound of my ego being deflated. Here's the scenario:

This past Sunday, we had people over (duh, if you read my blog, you already know that). Among them was my pastor and his family. Conversation between me and Grady (my pastor):

Grady: So, you do triathlons?
Me: Yep!
Grady: When's your next one?
Me: Next Sunday
Grady: So show me your muscles, you gotta have muscles right?
Me: Yep! ::makes arm muscle::
Grady: That's it!?
Me: WHAT DO YOU MEAN, THAT'S IT!? :: tone of righteous indignation::
Grady: Well, I was expecting some serious guns if you do triathlons

Whoosh.

Thank you Grady, for keeping me humble.

6 comments:

nujoud said...

If it makes you feel better, I don't think any of the triathalon events are really "upper body" workouts. Swimming is closest but you don't exactly pump iron for that. So next time challenge him to a race or something instead!

Melissa said...

Thank you Nujoud, this is why we are friends :)...besides, triathlon muscles are best displayed in motion ;-)...

Anonymous said...

: ) that's cute! Don't underestimate a cute, smart redhead. hee hee

Dustin said...

The best part of this blog entry is when you thank Grady.... since you know that there's no chance he'll ever see it.

That's two blog entries about Grady (you and CJ) in one week! I think God is telling him something.... :)

Melissa said...

Dustin, I would start looking for flying pigs if Grady ever commented on my blog....

Lisa said...

I agree with Nujoud!!! :)