Saturday, November 6, 2010

Small touches

Just a few small things I've been doing around the house:

1) White spray paint is awesome

A $3 can of spray paint goes a long way. I painted these frames to better fit in with my color scheme. And "Harriet" got a white coat as well. My roommate, Claire, bought one of these wire blackbirds from CB2 (his name is Horatio) and I liked it so much that I bought one too (Harriet)

White frames



Harriet and Horatio


Harriet's perch


2) Light fixtures!

Irma's husband, Jonathan, came over today and spent 2.5 hours hanging several light fixtures that I had purchased. Amazing what a difference it makes!



Perfectly nice Tuscan style, but not me.



Hehe, much more me :)


Again, nice Tuscan style, but not the look I am going for



Sleek, modern pendant (sorry for the different angle). Ah, now for a dining table!


From bare bulb in the closet-turned-office to funky flower fixture :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great light fixtures! Where did you get them from? We haven't had luck finding anything as nice (I confess to not having look too hard though...)

Melissa said...

Hey Ed- the fixtures in the entryway and my closet-turned-office are from IKEA. The one in the dining room is the Eden pendant lamp from CB2. All were extremely well priced. I can't say enough good things about CB2 (that's Crate and Barrel's modern side of things). Their stuff is great quality for the price. Best wishes on the fixture looking!

Erin said...

I love your light fixtures! And I love spray paint!