Thursday, August 9, 2012

Guest contributors - house projects!

Since I can't do any house projects right now, I thought I would provide some inspiration through two of my friends who have recently completed some amazing projects and were so kind to share some great pictures of their completed projects.

First up is the wall ledge that my fantastically design-gifted friend Pooja and her husband installed. I love how they did something outside of the box and didn't just do a collage of frames on the wall (nothing against collages of frames, I plan to have several in my house) but I love the ledge! And it will be so easy to give the room a fresh look just by rotating out the items on the ledge. Great work you two, your place is coming together so well!

Isn't that ledge awesome? And check out the texture in this room, beautiful!

Second, my roommate finished two projects that she had been planning for awhile.

Here is some wall art that she did herself - bought the stencils, stenciled the canvas, and then I showed her how to use the miter saw and she built the frame herself! She has created such peaceful space for herself.

Wall art up close



Check out this great photo collage she put together on her closet door. She designed the collage in powerpoint to make sure all the photos would fit on the door and then assembled it on poster board. She Mod-Podged the whole thing and then hung it on the door. Isn't that red trim great? Really draws the eye into the collage. Great work Claire!


Photo collage!


Hope you enjoyed the creative of works of my guest contributors Pooja and Claire. Thank you ladies for sharing your creative talents with all of us!


No comments: