Saturday, August 16, 2008

Random...and odious bike

I made sweet potato fries (baked of course, not fried :) ) this morning...I burned them a bit, so I won't post pictures until the next batch...but I have a good excuse for why I burned them...I was distracted by my odious bike sitting in the living room expelling all the air from its rear tire...spontaneously...yeah that's a good sign.

So I put the bike on the rack and drove back to the bike shop, thank goodness its close. Yesterday when I went to pick it up, it took longer because the rear tire had spontaneously deflated and they had to replace the tube. So I walk in today and the guy goes "Again!?"...

So they fixed it for free, filed around the valve stem where the leak appears to be occurring and added an extra liner. I bought an extra tube just in case- not that it will help me much considering how long it has been since I have repaired a flat bike tire...I'm going to take a class next month, but let's just pray for no flats tomorrow eh? Odious bike...of course, I don't say that out loud in front of the bike...just in case...

1 comment:

Colette Frazier said...

Girl, I'm getting excited for this triathalon just reading your blog! I can't wait to hear how it goes. I wish i could train:) those days are gone for atleast another 18 yrs:) Then I'll be over 50:)