Friday, August 8, 2008

Trial Tri

So I took today off from work because I can :) and decided it was the perfect time to do a trial tri. I've been swimming, biking, and running, but never back-to-back. So I decided to try the distances today. I did much better than I thought I would...what's with my run time!? I shaved almost a minute off of my summer-mile time..weird.

Bike: 2.2 miles to pool
Swim: 300m in 7:46
Bike: 11.7miles ~50minutes (I forgot to stop my watch at lights) (14mph)
Carry bike upstairs to apt- grab armband and visor
Run: 3 miles 31:00 (10:20 mile...this is insane!)

So I feel much more confident now about next week's race. However, running after biking? Weirdest sensation ever...it was like my legs didn't want to listen to my brain...I'd still like to be faster at the bike and I really think that running time is a fluke (I thought the armband was going wacky so I drove out the mileage and it certainly was 3 miles...).

Tomorrow Lisa and I are going to an open water area that we can swim in...let's hope the grindlylows don't get me :)

Now I am going to talk to the apt people because it appears that my AC has broke...

3 comments:

Erin said...

Am I still invited for the open water?? I'd really like to get a little more comfortable with this swim... (I'm really dreading this race right now!)

nujoud said...

Instead of driving out your run route (or bike or whatever) you can use www.mapmyrun.com and they have a google map on which you can plot your run on the streets and it will tell you the distance. Great tool to use.

Melissa said...

Oh I totally forgot about Map My Run. Thanks for the reminder!