Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Faster than a speeding bullet...

Okay, well maybe not a speeding bullet...but guess what (enter drumroll)... I just ran 3.2 miles! Yep, 5k distance. Wahoo!!!! I have not done that distance since my tibia decided to stress fracture back in October. I had planned to do the Lonestar Sprint Triathlon at the beginning of April, but after two brick workouts (bike then run), my leg was definitely protesting. So I decided April wasn't realistic and took it easy for a few more weeks. I still haven't done another brick workout since then....but the leg is feeling good after the 5k, so, I am aiming for the Silverlake Sprint Tri in May. Yay for triathloning...and I am looking forward to being able to run again with my running buddy Lisa! I do have some other pretty major athletic goals for this year, but that's better left for another post :).

1 comment:

Allyson Janell said...

Yay Melissa!! Good luck on the Tri in May!