Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Really? No, no...I mean REALLY!?

Do you ever shock yourself with your dorkiness? Be honest (please, I am trying to console myself here; I need some friendly commiseration).

Here's what happened:

A co-worker came by my desk to high-five me for something. I returned the high-five...or rather, almost returned it. Somewhere between my desk (where my hand was resting) and his hand (which I was supposed to high five), my hand encountered an obstacle. My face. That's right, I somehow smacked myself in the face (and almost poked out my right eye). Kinda hard too... The look on my co-worker's face was priceless...roughly translated it was probably something like "who ARE you?". I vacillated between mortification over my own dorkiness and hysterical laughter for a split second...the hysterical laughter won out.

Really? Who DOES that!? I mean, seriously, how does one lose track of the distance between her face and her hand? I think I should be studied.

Oh yeah and to top it off...I got back from a run this evening and made a nice big salad with broccoli and zucchini, all healthy and stuff, and I went to pour dressing on it and guess what? The dressing bottle top was different than all our other dressing bottles and it was the completely open type. Yeah...I dumped almost an entire bottle of Italian dressing on my salad....while Claire stood there cracking up at me. I still ate most of the salad...and left about an inch and a half of dressing in the bottom of the bowl.

I think this day should be over now...

8 comments:

Dustin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dustin said...

1. So do you relate "five" to "face" as you do "2" with "4"?

2. May God help the space station program!

3. Thank you for helping your brother out. I now have sermon, small group, big group, coffee group, and any other kind of group you can think of material for the rest of my life!

High five.... NO....WAIT.....DON'T DO IT.......

Heather said...

I spent 1.5 hours debugging a software problem only to discover I was *pushing the wrong button*. How's that for brilliant? It's been quite a day.

Allyson Janell said...

I understand what you mean. I cannot count how many times I have tripped WALKING up our stairs.

Lynn and Chad said...

nice...just nice...again, you crack me up with your stories. I love them! Thanks!

iamchanelle said...

LOLOLOL!

i have NEVER done anything like that. nope. never.

**trips and falls into a wall**

Adrienne Renea said...

ooohhh...we need to get together for coffee and trade stories!!!

Dave Reed said...

Don't worry, it happens to all of us. My trend is toward walking into walls when going around a corner. Somehow, I always come up short!!