Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Last night (yes, I realize I am posting this at 4am...I need more sleep!)...I went to the young adult/singles/young married bible study that ICF has. IT is hosted at The Fisher's residence (ha! which I found thanks to google maps). They have three adorable children-for whom I managed to procure some space stuff earlier today at work. They were so cute when they saw it-and kept saying they are going to be astronauts (the oldest is 6). Aww kids and space.

The group usually does a big dinner (potluck style) together and then reads and discusses a passage in the bible. In honor of St. Patrick's Day- Rachel, the resident Irish woman, made stew, and soda bread (with Irish butter) and Irish cookies...and a green cake (not 'Irish'). Then we discussed Phillipians 2:5-11. What an awesome experience to discuss God's Word with peopel from all different countries and situations. (Thanks to Emily for these pictures).

Troi (not sure of the spelling), Reayla (this gal has a REALLY cool story- grew up in a village in the Ural Mountains), Tim, and Anna discussing
Chris, Natalie, Jason, Lauren, Anatoly, and Daniel
(Lauren was leaving to go back to the UK after a rotation-type stint over here as a lawyer).
Oh best comment of the night came from Anatoly: when I told him what I do, he said ::in a wondering tone of voice:: "but... you're a girl". I seriously had to bite my cheek to not bust out laughing. Unfortunately, that sort of humor just doesn't translate well across languages. :)
Group picture of everyone who wore green (let's see how I do with names)
Rachel, Emily, Katya, Joe, Elisabeth, me, no idea how to spell her name, but it means 'Snow Maiden', Tim, Ana, and Doug. Oh yeah- I got people to do the Charlie's Angels pose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! BTW, Dave is reading too. The other night I was drifting off to sleep and he asks, "She's in Russia?" : ) I knew he was talking about you and I said yes. : ) Have fun and come home safe. I loved the "you're a girl" comment.