Sunday, April 19, 2009

Maui :)

So I've been too exhausted at the end of each day to blog, and the internet is having issues so I only managed to get one photot loaded...but, let me just say, I heart Maui and am never coming home. Nope. (I did spend a whirlwind 12 hours on Oahu as well, taking the girls to all the sites I saw the last time I was here...fun and tiring!)

We have an amazing condo with an ocean view and about a 2 minute walk from a bee-yew-ti-ful beach.



Me on the baclony of the condo..ocean is behind me :)

Yesterday we woke up at 3am to drive to the summit of Haleakala (the inactive volano here) to watch the sunrise. Breathtaking and frostbiting (elevation 10,000 feet). Then we drove back down and drove the Road to Hana. This road has 671 turns (no, I didn't count, someone else did in my travel book). Talk about hairpin turns! The have these one lane bridges that tell you to yield to oncoming traffic- thing is, the turns are so tight, you can't see the oncoming traffic...so we decided youd need to be a Jedi or something to determine if there was oncoming traffic (believe this decision generated a LOT of laughter and ensuing dorkiness).

Then at the end of the Road, we did a four mile hike into a waterfall and I STOOD UNDER A WATERFALL!!!! And I got two people to do it with me too! Everyone else was dissuaded by the "Danger of falling rocks beyond this point" sign. Good thing I feigned illiteracy ;-).

Great trip so far. Today is church and then we are going to crash on the beach for the rest of the day for some much need recuperation :D.

Not coming back.

3 comments:

Allyson Janell said...

It looks like your having an awesome time!! And I love your shirt! :)

Lauri and Jeff said...

We loved Maui too! It was so beautiful. Did the sunrise as well. Well worth the effort! Have fun and I'm jealous!

Erin said...

Well, I will miss you, but I can't say I blame you ;)