Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Phase 2 drama

So phase 2 of my vacation was supposed to consist of a whirlwind trip down to Tucson to visit my parents, a haircut, back to Phoenix to visit some friends and then fly out to Hawaii...

But, it's me, right?

So instead, that stomach bug I had for a bit in Idaho decided to come back, this time full force and I ended up in urgent care being pumped with fluids because I couldn't keep fluid, well, in. I am such a fan of anti-nausea medicine by the way. And can you say holy high fever batman?

So obviously, I wasn't going to be able to make my original flight to Hawaii. After keeping down some jello and a popsicle, I spent an hour on the phone with Expedia last night (I'll spare you the bloody details but I ended up having to "speak with a supervisor"), I delayed my flight by a day, which isn't bad at all, since that is one of the days we were going to be on Oahu and I've already been there.

So, I am now going to go sit on my bum, eat a popsicle, watch a Doctor Who and continue to recover.

Definitely ready for phase 2 to be over... :)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Sorry you are feeling so yucky :( I'll pray you make a full recovery and have a blast in Hawaii!!!

Jon Crews said...

Oh, man. I hope you feel better soon and get to get on that plane!

nujoud said...

GATORADE!! For a road to quicker recovery, drink some stuff with electrolytes in it. Enjoy Hawaii!