Monday, July 23, 2007

Indoor garden?

So I came home today to find a notice taped to my apartment door stating that they would be power washing the buildings to prepare them for new paint, ASAP. It then listed about 7 buildings who needed to remove all items from their balconies ASAP. Hmm, my balcony is full of plants and vines that have been entwining themselves around the railing and posts for about 3 years.

So I call the office and ask "when is ASAP?" The lady tells me tomorrow as long as the weather is good (although it is my opinion that when you power wash, you get wet anyways so who cares if it is raining...I didn't voice this to her though). I then ask her if they will finish everything up tomorrow and her response was that she didn't know. So then I asked how long I was expected to keep my plants inside my home, without sun. She didn't know. I asked if they would leave notices on our doors telling us when it was safe to move things outdoors again. She didn't know. I then asked her what was I supposed to do with the beautiful mandevilla and jasmine vines growing along my balcony. She told me to cut them (heartless!).

I just can't express to you how much I love my apartment complex right now. Really, the amount of information that is being divulged to the tenants is just overwhelming.

So, here is picture of my indoor garden, bugs, spiders, and all. I've left the vines to fend for themselves, I can't bear to cut them. I just hope that the power washers pity the vines and TRY not to spray them. I feel really sorry for some of the other folks. They have absolutely gorgeous gardens going (apparently, the office had already recevied some calls from concerned gardeners...)

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Apartments suck. Buy a house or two. :)

Todd said...

Is that a flamingo on your balcony?