Sunday, October 14, 2007

Projects

So I've got 4 projects in mind...

1) To finally build my bookcases. My parents and Grandma gave me Home Depot gift cards for my birthday...back in February...for the sole purpose of building some new bookcases (my current Walmart specials didn't travel so well to Texas...one is permanently canted about 10-15 degrees). Anyways, I was digging through a bunch of Wood magazines my Dad gave me. I thought I wanted to build two mission style cases, but now I'm not so sure. My Dad likes to give me tools for Christmas...I have a router and router table and a biscuit joiner that I haven't even opened yet...but I will! Soon hopefully, now that the weather is starting to cool off, I can actually tolerate working on my balcony.

2) Designing and making this year's Christmas cards...I only managed to get about 10 done last year- due to my late start and a mission in December...this time I hope to send them ALL out!

3) & 4)Two books I just purchased: War and Peace and Moby Dick. War and Peace will be my second Tolstoy (Anna Karenina is awesome by the way). Same with Melville (although Billy Budd was pretty horrific). To be honest, I don't have great hopes about Moby Dick. I have yet to meet someone who actually liked the book...but for literature's sake...I'll suffer through.

So, those are my projects. I'm realistic enough to NOT put a deadline on them, but hopefully in the next few months I can check them off.

What projects do you have on your list?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hooray for project goals! I may be coming to you for suggestions or advice on my own Christmas cards... I got to about the same point as you last year, and I'd really like to get through all of my cards this year.

And good luck with the novels... War & Peace took me about a year of bedtime reading to get through, but the sense of accomplishment was worth almost as much as the enjoyment of the book!